There are several reasons why you should look after your carpets properly including investing in professional carpet cleaning. Here are some reasons along with tips on how to care for your carpets to ensure they look great for as long as possible.
- Properly caring for your carpet will protect your investment and keep your carpet looking great for years.
- Prevents build-up of allergens and bacteria and makes it easier for you to maintain.
- Enhances the appearance of any room and makes it feel clean and fresh.
- Maintains the carpet’s warranty. Most carpet warranties require that you have professional carpet cleaning done every 12-18 months.
What to Do
- Vacuum thoroughly and frequently in particular concentrating on those high traffic areas.
- Vacuum first against the pile direction to help loosen and remove dirt. As most carpet soiling is made up of dry soils this can be easily removed with regular vacuuming.
- Rotate furniture, this can help prevent permanent indentation.
- Remove spots and stains promptly. This is paramount to protect your carpet from permanent damage. Ensure to follow stain removal steps from your carpet manufacturer as unknowledgeable attempts could cause permanent stains, colour discolourment and / or pile damage.
- Have professional carpet cleaning every 12-18 months. If you have children, pets or suffer from allergens this should be done more regular.
- Use rugs to protect carpet in high traffic area.
- Ensure to check your maintenance instructions for any specifics on your floor type.
What Not To Do
- Do NOT use any household cleaners that are not listed within your care and maintenance instruction as this can lead to permanent damage and discolour your carpet.
- Do it yourself steam cleaning or dry cleaning are not recommended and can void your carpet warranty.
- In order to maintain your manufacturer warranty do NOT use any cleaning methods that are not mentioned within the care instructions.